Are you an experienced, effective teacher interested in leading your peers through in-person inquiry and collaboration? Are you looking to facilitate an ongoing professional learning network?
The Teacher-Led Practice Network is a series of teacher-led, collaborative learning sessions. Working closely with district and school partners, the TLPN builds the capacity of teacher leaders to facilitate growth in improving teachers implementation of standards, instructional strategies, and practices in order to promote student learning and achievement. During the heart of the school year, Teacher Leaders lead 6 in-person sessions with participants and share their expertise through media and online outlets.
A typical session has the following structure:
- Teacher leader debriefs the learning from the previous session with participants, reviewing student work.
- Teacher leader facilitates learning on new skills and highlights resources, based on participating teachers’ needs.
- Teachers collaborate, applying skills and resources to plan instruction for their own context.
- All teachers finalize a commitment/plan for implementation before the next session.
Each session will result in new or improved Standards-aligned practices and lessons for participants to test in their classrooms before the next monthly session.
As a Teacher Leader, you will:
- Design and lead collaborative learning sessions for teacher participants
- Collaborate with your peers leading Teacher-Led Practice Networks throughout the country and in Memphis
- Share your expertise with teachers nationwide through online and media outlets such as op-eds, blogs, and social media posts
Teacher Leaders receive:
- 14 hours of training from expert coaches focused on adult learning strategies, standards-based calibration tools and rubrics, and growth facilitation
- Ongoing written feedback, two individual coaching sessions, and feedback on session facilitation
- Structured teacher leader collaboration through convening of all teacher leaders of the Teacher-Led Practice Network twice during the six months for further professional learning
- A $1,950 stipend
- Learning on how to use digital tools and platforms to share session content and expertise
All applicants must be current classroom teachers in Memphis who have a minimum of three years of teaching experience with standards-based instruction, as well as a track record of effectiveness in the classroom. Applicants must demonstrate they possess the critical skills and competencies required for effectively leading collaborative learning sessions for teachers.
We encourage teachers to apply with expertise in the following content areas:
- K-5 ELA with Social Studies Integration
- K-8 Science with Literacy Integration
- Mathematics (6th-8th)
Teach Plus selects Teacher Leaders based on their knowledge of standards, student data, instructional strategies, and interest in leading adult learning.
Part 1- Online application
Part 2- Performance task
Part 3 - Final in-person interview
Application and Series Timeline
Application Deadline: Friday, June 9, 2017 @ Midnight
Interviews: Thursday, June 15, 2017 & Friday, June 16, 2017 (Time TBD)
Facilitator Training: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 (Time TBD)
Thursday, July 20, 2017 (Time TBD)
Saturday, July 22, 2017 (8:00 am - 3:00 pm)
Course Offerings: Monthly sessions will be held at the Memphis Teaching and Learning Academy and will begin in September.
Please contact Kemba Edwards at email@example.com with questions.