Training teachers as advocates to ensure that Colorado teachers and students thrive
What is the Colorado Teaching Policy Fellowship?*
- A highly selective leadership opportunity for outstanding Colorado teachers looking to deepen their knowledge of education policy and gain a voice in decisions that affect students and the teaching profession.
- Fellows expand their influence without leaving the classroom, starting in August 2017 and concluding in June 2018.
- Three in-person training sessions, and online monthly virtual sessions
- Fellows receive training through expert-led modules and direct engagement with key stakeholders. No prior policy experience required
- Fellows receive a $1,500 stipend for their commitment
What do we do?
Teach Plus trains teachers in: understanding education policy as a lever for student success, community organizing, writing op-eds and speaking to the media, providing public testimony, and more. Teach Plus works to create and connect teachers to opportunities to lead in real ways at the policy level.
How does it work?
Teach Plus recruits and selects Colorado Teaching Policy Fellows from across the state to participate in the cohort experience. You will become part of a larger movement of teacher leadership and help mobilize your peers around top issues impacting the teaching profession in Colorado. Teach Plus works with key stakeholders and policymakers to join the conversation.
Teach Plus Policy Fellows have:
- Met with President Barack Obama in the Oval Office. Met with Colorado legislators and State School Board members and testified at legislative hearings.
- Helped create the Colorado Commissioner’s Teach Cabinet
- Joined Former Secretary of Education Arne Duncan as part of the U.S. Department of Education’s official delegation to the International Summit on the Teaching Profession
- Been published in Chalkbeat Colorado and the Christian Science Monitor
How does it work?
Teach Plus recruits and selects Colorado Teaching Policy Fellows from across the state to participate in a year-long cohort experience. You will become part of a larger movement of teacher leadership and help mobilize your peers around top issues impacting the teaching profession. Teach Plus works with key stakeholders and policymakers in Colorado to join the conversation.