Paid Opportunity to Lead your Peers
A partnership between the Boston Compact and Teach Plus
The Boston Educators Collaborative was founded on the premise that empowering exceptional teachers, like YOU, and leveraging your content expertise, is integral to ensuring excellent instruction for all Boston students. We are currently seeking outstanding Teacher Leaders – from district, charter and Catholic schools in Boston - for the spring semester to lead professional learning within one of the following best practice areas:
- Reaching All Learners
- Rigorous Curricula with Rich Content
- Culturally Proficient Strategies
As a Teacher Leader you will be designated as an adjunct professor through UMass Boston and earn a $1,500 stipend.
What is the Boston Educators Collaborative?
- A cohort of teachers – led by current teachers with expertise in standards-based instruction – working together throughout Boston to promote collaboration and elevate teacher leadership.
- Five three-hour sessions beginning after April break. Dinner is provided.
- Content/grade level-specific support in disseminating best practices
Prior to the beginning of the sessions, you will collaborate with one another to:
- Hone Your Expert Skills: Participate in twelve hours of training and discussions related to facilitating effective professional development to adult learners.
- Collaborate: Review, analyze and discuss standards-based instruction with fellow Teacher Leaders and determine additional resources, discussion protocols and skillful team facilitation.
- Differentiate: Plan individual sessions related to specific grade level or content areas.
Start your application today!
Application deadline Wednesday, March 1
Spring 2017 Application and Series Timeline
Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 1
Interviews (in-person): Wednesday, March 8
Teacher Leader Training: Thursday, March 16 and Saturday, March 25